AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineering professional to help drive the evolution of our video on demand services.
In this role you will work on an experienced and focused team to build new features and solve problems for our customers. The role requires outstanding programming skills and a passion for software engineering and software related problem solving. You will dive into cutting-edge technologies like 8K HEVC delivery, high dynamic range video, immersive audio codecs, MPEG DASH delivery, virtualized and containerized media engines, distributed transcoding using the power of cloud, and auto-ABR (adaptive bitrate) ladders.
As a member of the team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation, and automated testing. Your code will process millions of video assets around the world, and countless viewers will enjoy the final output. You will be expected to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and deliver results autonomously.
Join us in developing solutions that give our customers the freedom to focus on what matters: transforming ideas into compelling content that captivates viewers.
What you'll do:
• Learn how our products work today, and where we want to take them in the future
• Design and implement new features from specification to final test and automation
• Write a lot of high-quality code
• Work in an agile development environment, where the backlog gets prioritized frequently
• Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science, Math, or an Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
• A Masters in Computer Science, Math, or an Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of software development experience in C or C++
• Media software development (protocols, DRM, compression, etc.)
• Experience developing on a Linux platform
• Experience with Amazon Web Services