Are you passionate about building a large-scale, distributed, highly available, and reliable in-memory database? We are building in-memory services, powered by open-source databases such as Redis and Memcached, and optimized for sub millisecond latency at scale. Come and join us to define the future of ElastiCache at AWS.
As a Software Development Engineer in our in-memory computing platform team, you will build large-scale, distributed in-memory storage platform, with sub-millisecond latency. You will leverage open source technologies like Redis, Memcached, and Amazon proprietary technologies. This includes Data Plane extremely fast and high throughput development, low level optimizations, asynchronous messaging, event-based technologies, real-time failure detection system, horizontal and vertical scaling, auto-remediation, high availability, fault tolerance, storage technologies, snapshoting, and disaster recovery.
As the key member of the engineering team, you will have a significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define the product features, drive system architecture. Creating a reliable, scalable, and high-performance service requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You should be someone who enjoys working on complex system software and innovate on behalf of our customers.
Come work with the folks who are not only building a highly-available and scalable in-memory distributed service but also influencing the direction of No SQL systems throughout the industry.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 5+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
• Hands-on technical expertise in at least two major technical areas: large scale systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, low level performance optimization, databases or storage systems, or Redis
• Native development using C or C++ in high throughput low latency systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Desire to build services from the ground up
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience working with in-memory caching and database technologies, including Memcached and Redis
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.