Software Development Engineer - AWS Elasticache
- Dublin, Ireland
Amazon ElastiCache is a managed redis service on AWS that is used by customers to build low latency high throughput applications. Customers today, are looking to extend the use of ElastiCache beyond just a caching engine for their applications. As customers' in-memory workloads are growing, their need to scale ElastiCache clusters automagically is also growing which then requires scalable web services, improved security and a simple, yet intuitive console.
We are hiring for full-stack positions and we have opening's leaning towards frontend or backend work available
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every 3 months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night and so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant and have a follow-the-sun model for our on-call responsibilities. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause and ensure issues are
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. We are team of mostly mid-level engineers who enjoy helping new and and junior engineers grow through one-on-one mentoring and thorough code review. The team is colocated in Dublin, Ireland and our core office hours are from 10am to 4pm, although there are some who come in early and other stay late to overlap with our teams in Seattle and Vancouver.
If you are excited about building new user experiences and mordernize existing software stack to delight our customers, then this role is for you. We are looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated and reliable; someone who will help us build on the positive team culture that we have been cultivating.
• 4+ years of software development experience
• Demonstrate proficiency in at least one programming language
• Experience in writing maintainable and logical code
• Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Ability to design systems at scale
• Willing to adapt and exposure to agile development
For Back End Focused Roles -
• Proficiency with object-oriented design, micro services architecture, distributed and scalable system design.
• Understanding of NoSql databases and caching systems.
For Front End Focused Roles -
• Experience with user experience and UI development
• Working closely with product management and UX designers to create new customer experiences
Back to top