Software Development Engineer, AWS Elastic Load Balancing
- Seattle, WA
Elastic Load Balancing(ELB) is the doorway for most of the services built by Amazon Web Services(AWS) and its customers. ELB is used by many of the largest internet applications and services across the world. ELB provides one of key foundational services that enables these applications and services to meet their high security, availability, performance, and cost requirements. If you are builder interested in developing solutions for internet-scale problems, ELB may be the right place for you!
As a Software Development Engineer for ELB team, you'll have a unique opportunity to shape the development of our network infrastructure. You'll work on Amazon's hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. You will design and implement software systems supporting highly scalable and robust network. You'll strive for simplicity, demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment, and contribute towards intellectual property through patents.
• Continually improve your level of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant networks & technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from data platforms, predictive analysis and highly available and distributed systems.
• You will play a leadership role in your team, will drive best practices, and will play an important role in the design, architecture, and the evolution of load balancing systems.
• You will be responsible for major deliverables, and will be expected to show good judgment, to think in terms of architectures
• You will Troubleshoot and fix operational problems: You will work with systems and software engineers to troubleshoot operational problems and fix them. You will also have the opportunity to automate troubleshooting procedures, write tools and, when the issues concern specific customers, talk to customers and understand their space better.
The ideal candidate will be a designer, builder and an operator. A successful software developer will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Ability to work within technical standards, technical architecture and engineering practices across an organization.
• Capacity to think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, scalable systems that fit well together.
• High judgment and creativity; ability to decompose complex problems into simple solutions.
• Competence to exert technical influence over the team, increasing productivity and effectiveness by sharing your knowledge and experience.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years' experience building scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform in Java
• MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ Years of Software Development experience
• Experience with load balancing technologies like NGINX, AWS ELB, F5 or Citrix NetScalers
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Distributed systems, networking design and implementation experience.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
Back to top