Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) is looking for experienced software development engineers to help us build the future of cloud storage. EBS delivers high-performing virtualized storage "in the cloud" for EC2, and is a key building block for many applications, from databases to distributed file systems to Hadoop clusters. Delivering a reliable, scalable, and high-performance service requires engineers with exceptional technical expertise and creativity. In addition, at Amazon, along with superlative technical strength, we expect our engineers to interact with customers, to understand our business goals, and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
Learn more about what we do:
The ideal candidate will be excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents, and thrive on building and delivering high quality software. Candidate will have strong design and implementation experience, in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architectures, and experience leading or mentoring other engineers.
For this role in particular, your experience delivering embedded systems, large-scale automation systems is highly valued. We value your experience developing core systems or kernel components in C/C++ and multithreaded, concurrent systems.
What you will do in this role:
As a member of the EBS team, you will have ownership over the design, implementation, and operation of one of the largest distributed systems in the world. You will work on cutting-edge innovations in cloud computing. You will lead, mentor and be actively involved in hiring other engineers. You will collaborate closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- MS CS/CE/EE with 2+years or BS CS/CE/EE with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
A background in one or more of the following may be helpful with on-boarding and ramp-up for this position
- Networking and/or Storage Domains
- Embedded systems, Device Drivers, Firmware
- Multithreaded concurrent processing
- Linux/Windows kernel modules and file systems, storage hardware or virtualization technologies and preferred.
- Operating enterprise-scale distributed systems
- Background with scalable storage solutions
- Experience mentoring other engineers.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.