Software Development Engineer, AWS Device Farm
- Seattle, WA
Device Farm is building the world's largest cloud of real physical smart devices @AWS.
There will be 20B+ connected devices in the world by 2020, with millions of developers writing apps for those. AWS Device Farm brings devices closer to the developers by providing them instantaneous remote access to real devices in AWS cloud.
As an SDE in the team, you will be part of an inter-disciplinary team of Software Development Engineers, Systems Development Engineers and Network Engineers who are building a next generation device cloud to support a rapidly growing variety of device types, form factors, architectures, communication protocols and programming languages.
The systems underlying are complex and there are opportunities to work at all levels from device engineering, to large scale distributed systems, to ML systems. In addition to the technical challenges provided by the innovative use cases that we are working on, you will also learn how to lead a service that meets AWS's high bar for availability, scalability, and security. This is an incredible opportunity of defining the technical vision of a fast-evolving AWS service, and make significant business impact.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience operating an AWS service
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Experience with data center operations, working closely with support, network and systems engineers
• Knowledge and expertise in change/incident management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top