Software Development Engineer - AWS
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to be surrounded by innovation? Would you like to be empowered with a lot of ownership? Would you like to accelerate your growth? Do you thrive in a challenging work environment? Would you like your voice to be heard? If the answer is yes to any of these questions than this is the place for you! AWS is seeking talented Software Development Engineers to join our AWS team!
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
Are you ready to challenge yourself in our collaborative atmosphere and watch yourself grow at AWS? As a Software Development Engineer at AWS, you will develop and scale our services and improve our customer experience across the globe. You will influence the way services are developed, provide best practices guidance and architecture feedback.
WHO WE ARE
• A group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
• We obsess over our customer's needs and experience
• Owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones
• We wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
• Innovative, agile and collaborative
WHO YOU ARE
• Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on your customers
• Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
• Take ownership and do whatever it takes to get the job done
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 4+ years of software development experience in at least one modern object oriented programming language such as Java, Python, Ruby, C++ or C#, including object-oriented design
• 3+ years of experience building large scale web services or distributed system software
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
• Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
• Experience with large scale systems
• Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top