Are you excited at the prospect of keeping millions of customers' data safe? Do you want to help secure applications by offering secrets management and distribution services at scale within the cloud? Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Secrets Management team is dedicated to providing an easy to use secrets management service for our customers to manage their credentials and secrets across all their AWS Services. We are prescriptive about security of our customer's data and we continuously work to define and evangelize best practices for secrets management at scale. This approach enables our customers to confidently use public cloud services with assurance that they will continue to meet their strict security, compliance and regulatory requirements.
The AWS Secrets Management team is part of the AWS Cryptography organization and is responsible for managing and distributing credentials and secrets across millions of hosts deployed for internal Amazon users and AWS customers. The team has been making innovative bets to improve customer experience in managing and protecting their credentials and secrets. As an SDE at Amazon, you work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.
We are a fun-loving group of creative engineers solving interesting problems associated with encryption. You and a team will work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing, implementing, and operating services. You will own and shape the growth of multiple new components and features, thus providing you the opportunity to speed up learning in an environment that values work life balance.
Your responsibilities include:
- Building a scalable global security service that is core to most AWS services.
- Working as part of cross-functional teams to develop secure solutions for our customers.
- Being hands on and working with others to manage the day-to-day development and operation activities, take part in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Communicating with influential customers to both explain the technology and understand requirements.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find mentors that work best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Rust, or Perl
• 2+ years' experience in any database or SQL
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Independently solves complex problems by utilizing experience and other resources
• Design data structures that meet the application requirements
• Distributed systems experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills