Software Development Engineer - AWS Crypto Tools
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Are you passionate about contributing to open source? Are you excited at the prospect of keeping millions of customers' data safe? Do you want to help secure web services by implementing cryptography at scale? Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need. We enable customers to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements. AWS Key Management Service and AWS CloudHSM provide encryption and key management services, while AWS Certificate Manager handles the complexity of provisioning, deploying, and managing certificates.
The AWS Crypto Tools team helps AWS customers protect their sensitive data inside and outside of the cloud by building and maintaining easy to use, secure, open source encryption tools and libraries. We are looking for an experienced software developer with an interest in practical cryptography to join us in building the most secure and user-friendly tools available to help our customers protect their data and accelerate use of cryptography in all AWS services.
You should have experience designing scalable, customer-centric systems and a passion for delivering secure software solutions. Along with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists you will own delivering and supporting cryptographic tools and libraries used by internal and external customers around the world.
Your responsibilities include:
• Owning the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, testing, and implementing new features for AWS Cryptography
• Operating an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers
• Delivering foundational libraries for one of the most secure and reliable services in all of AWS
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 4+ years of software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Rust, Python, Java, C, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Demonstrated experience building and maintaining software libraries, large scale web services, or service oriented architectures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with other developers to deliver complex projects
• Strong and creative problem solving abilities
• Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
• Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
• Distributed systems experience
• Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
• Experience with large scale systems
• Knowledge and experience with Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs), Hardware Security Modules, or other cryptographic hardware
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top