The AWS Code Suite services were built to address this need. AWS CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy allow customers to author, validate, and release software and infrastructure changes easily, quickly, and safely. But we aren't content with the current products - we see a big opportunity to compliment the existing tools with a new offering that we believe will provide more seamless experiences between services and will make our customers more productive.
That's where you come in. As an engineer on the AWS Developer Tools team, you will play a lead role in the creation of a product that will be used (and loved!) by millions of engineers. You will work with a strong team as we shape the future of continuous delivery. You will be exposed to all aspects of the software delivery process including requirements gathering, ideation, technical design, implementation, release, and operation. You will level-up your systems design skills as you work on distributed systems at an epic scale, all in service of delighting customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Delivering software to customers
• Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and systems design
• Pick up new tools and technologies quickly
• Collaborate in a way that includes others and earns trust
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Design, deliver, and operate complex, highly available distributed systems
• Developer tools and continuous delivery best practices
• Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
• Agile methodologies
• Mentor and coach junior engineers effectively
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us