Software Development Engineer - AWS CloudFormation - Vancouver, BC
- Herndon, VA
The CloudFormation organization is building a new team in Vancouver, BC, Canada, to drive brand-new initiatives in the space of infrastructure-as-code. CloudFormation being at the nucleus of the ecosystem has large- impact and influence over the developer experience of customers of services in general.
The uniqueness in this opportunity is to be part of of a new product offering which pushes the boundaries of compute and storage, while improving on efficiency of code to make it easily portable and adaptable to any environment.
How would you know if this opportunity is the right one for you?
• If working on Native technologies, embracing and contributing to new initiatives, all while architecting and developing something from scratch, sounds exciting, go ahead and hit 'apply'.
• If partnering closely with Software Managers, Product Managers and Developer Advocates to define the product roadmap and helping with the technical execution, is something that would be passionate about, then this would be a great fit.
• Someone who is always a true owner of the service, willing to roll-up their sleeves, dive into any kind of technical task issue, even if it's outside of their comfort-zone and crank out a solution to a problem or work on a feature which delights customers, will fit right into this role.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and (architecture, patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as , C, , Python
• Knowledge of machine learning and serverless architecture.
• Ability to think big about a problem statements, recommend alternative technical approaches and build optimal solutions.
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
• Working experience with Unix/Linux
Back to top