Software Development Engineer - AWS CloudFormation - Vancouver, BC
- Vancouver, Canada
The CloudFormation organization is building a new team in Vancouver, BC, Canada, to drive brand-new initiatives in the space of infrastructure-as-code. CloudFormation being at the nucleus of the ecosystem has large- impact and influence over the developer experience of customers of services in general.
The uniqueness in this opportunity is to be part of of a new product offering which pushes the boundaries of compute and storage, while improving on efficiency of code to make it easily portable and adaptable to any environment.
How would you know if this opportunity is the right one for you?
• If working on Native technologies, embracing and contributing to new initiatives, all while architecting and developing something from scratch, sounds exciting, go ahead and hit 'apply'.
• If partnering closely with Software Managers, Product Managers and Developer Advocates to define the product roadmap and helping with the technical execution, is something that would be passionate about, then this would be a great fit.
• Are you a true owner of the service, willing to roll-up your sleeves, dive into any kind of technical task issue, even if it's outside of their comfort-zone and crank out a solution to a problem or work on a feature which delights customers? If so, you will fit right into this role.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and (architecture, patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as , C, , Python
• Knowledge of machine learning and serverless architecture.
• Ability to think big about a problem statements, recommend alternative technical approaches and build optimal solutions.
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
• Working experience with Unix/Linux
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top