Software Development Engineer - AWS CloudFormation
- Seattle, WA
AWS CloudFormation provides an easy declarative way to create, deploy and manage applications and infrastructure in the AWS cloud. The CloudFormation teams are pioneers in the "Infrastructure as Code" space. We develop distributed systems that spin up infrastructure across AWS at unprecedented scale. This would have an impact in shaping our resource framework that allows CloudFormation to provision hundreds of AWS services. We are looking for full stack developers to join our amazing team, who excel in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment where we love pushing the boundaries to innovate, learn while we design and develop new software, and create solves in a huge internal and external problem space.
You'll get to learn, grow and work with amazing team to:
• Design/develop/iterate developer tools and services that are used by thousands of AWS users.
• Work with and learn many different technologies every day including Java, REST, Go, Python etc..,
• Deeply own the full stack and entire lifecycle of our products, from the roadmap to the design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development and deployment of both services and web apps.
• Interface closely with internal and external customers to quickly drive new products and new features.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
This position involves on-call responsibilities typically 2 weeks (one week as Primary and another week as Secondary) for every 2 months. We work diligently to ensure our systems are fault tolerant. When we get paged, we work together to resolve root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Some travel may be required
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and (architecture, patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, , or Perl
• Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience working in a DevOps environment
• Experience publishing projects
• Experience with AWS CloudFormation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top