Do you want to impact millions of customers? Do you want to work on projects? Do you feel passionate about working with highly scalable and available ? Do you get excited at the idea of designing and delivering next generation cloud infrastructure? Your quest is finally over!
AWS CloudFormation provides an easy declarative way to create, deploy and manage applications and infrastructure in the AWS cloud. The CloudFormation teams are pioneers in the "Infrastructure as Code" space. We that spin up infrastructure across AWS at unprecedented scale. This would have an impact in shaping our resource framework that allows CloudFormation to provision hundreds of AWS services. We are looking for stack developers to join our amazing team, who excel in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment where we love pushing the boundaries to innovate, learn while we and new software, and create solves in a huge internal and external problem space.
You'll get to learn, grow and work with amazing team to:
• Design//iterate developer tools and services that are used by thousands of AWS users.
• Work with and learn many different technologies. While /Kotlin are most commonly used we are also actively looking for opportunities to build microservices using Rust/Go and other languages.
• Deeply own the stack and entire lifecycle of our products, from the roadmap to the /architecture to and continuous iterative and deployment of both services and web apps.
• Interface closely with internal and external customers to quickly drive new products and new features.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position involves on-call responsibilities typically 2 weeks (one week as Primary and another week as Secondary) for every 2 months. We work diligently to ensure our are fault tolerant. When we get paged, we work together to resolve root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Some travel may be required
Video on CloudFormation: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and (architecture, patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as , Kotlin, Rust, Go etc.
• Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience building microservices and working with computing challenges
• Experience with building contanerized applications
• Experience with AWS CloudFormation
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.