Software Development Engineer - AWS
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
We are expanding our software presence here in Sydney, Australia. Our engineering teams are responsible for building high impact software products and tooling that directly improve the lives of internal and external customers. Our Engineers work on some of the largest distributed systems in the world with the endless challenges of solving some of the most complex problems related to cutting edge technologies, user-experience, big data and machine learning!
Much like a start-up in that we try to keep our teams small and operate in a flat organisational structure with a casual office vibe. Leveraging all the resources and stability of being the largest cloud provider. This dynamic creates a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment with a lot of ownership, collaboration, and little red tape.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers who have built a lot of software, shipped products, created platforms, tools and modules. They'll be passionate about optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale, using their strong technical skills and motivaed to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Enthusiastic about learning new technologies, industry trends who get excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenge it what we are seeking!
As a Software Development Engineer you will:
• Create technical strategies and deliver with limited guidance.
• Influence your team's software architecture and likely influence related teams architecture too.
• Solve difficult or complex architecture and business problems. Your solutions are extensible. You work to simplify, optimize, and remove bottlenecks.
• Focus on architecture, and code impact dependencies, yields significant performance, availability, and business value.
• Successfully launch software for the business and resolve architectural deficiencies.
• Lead projects to improve engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices on your team.
• Understand your team's architecture in detail and make technical trade-offs between short-term team needs and long-term business needs.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
• 4+ years of professional experience in a software environment, developing high quality code.
• Proficient in at least one or more object-oriented programming language: Java, Python, Ruby, Go, C++ or Kotlin.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of designing systems that scale through software (architecture, design patterns and reliability).
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, looking for problems to solve with minimal supervision
• Familiarity with AWS (S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch etc.)
• Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems.
• Delivered software in an environment that utilises Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban.
• Linux/UNIX administrator experience.
• Have mentored software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, and productive software engineers.
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status."
Back to top