Software Development Engineer - AWS Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Seattle, WA
Passionate about Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)? How about Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) or Natural Language Understanding (NLU)? If you are a passionate and innovative engineer interested in developing the next generation of AI services, we're looking for you!
As a Software Development Engineer on the Amazon Transcribe team, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and deploying distributed AI and machine learning systems at enterprise scale for our worldwide customer base. Our customers utilize Amazon Transcribe for multiple compelling use cases including sub-titling movies and TV, to providing real-time feedback to customer contact centers. Please check out https://aws.amazon.com/transcribe for additional information.
With products such as Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Translate and Amazon Comprehend, AWS AI is setting the standard for bringing high-performance, easy-to-use and cost-effective AI services to the world. Amazon Transcribe is an industry leading Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) service supporting a wide variety of customer use cases in multiple languages. Our goal is to provide the most accurate, precise and performant ASR system available for customers around the world. We apply advanced ML technologies to power our service and constantly explore new development areas to bring our product to the next level.
As a primary contributor to this vision, you will collaborate closely with ML scientists to innovate, influence our overall strategy and define the team's road map. You will help shape the system architecture, promote development and deployment best practices, and help us deliver the highest quality product to our customers. A successful candidate has a passion for learning and innovation, experience in engineering large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Existing education or experience in AI applications is a plus.
If you are interested in innovating and making an impact in our industry's fastest moving technology space, come join us!
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science
• Machine Learning or AI application development
• Experience with deep learning systems will be a big plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top