Software Development Engineer - AWS AI
- Seattle, WA
Imagine never needing to hop from store to store during holidays because your first stop can anticipate the demand for the products they carry and stock up accordingly.
Imagine never having to wait too long or pay too much because your favorite ride-hailing service can account for weather or local events and direct enough drivers to your area.
Amazon Forecast is a fully managed AWS AI service that uses machine learning to help companies achieve these goals by delivering highly accurate forecasts.
Our engineers and scientists continuously innovate so that our customers can keep up with the speed and scale of their business operations without the data science background or machine learning experience needed for generating highly accurate forecasts.
As an engineer on the Amazon Forecast team, you will:
• build new features and efficiencies in our machine learning system that improve the cost, accuracy, and speed of delivery of our forecasts
• employ machine learning concepts such as deep learning, ensembling, feature engineering, explainability, back-testing, handle missing values, incremental training, and model drift detection to improve the effectiveness of our automated machine learning pipelines
• construct simple yet effective developer interfaces to reduce the time-to-market for our customers
You will use languages like Java, Kotlin, Python and Scala and popular machine learning frameworks. You will work with exciting cloud technologies from AWS suite of Compute, ML, Containers, Databases, Storage, and Analytics services.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelors' in Computer Science or related field
• Expertise in Java, Scala or Python
• Interest in working at the intersection of Machine Learning and Software Engineering
• Masters' in Math, Computer Science or related field
• Experience in Machine Learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top