Software Development Engineer, AWS AI, Computer Vision ML
- Munich, Germany
Are you interested in building AWS AI services that use computer vision and applied machine learning to develop new external facing services that are solving hard AI problems?
Amazon Rekognition Team within AWS AI is expanding to New York City! (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/)
We are looking for Software Development Engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge deep learning technologies to customer facing computer vision products at Amazon Web Services (AWS)!
As a Lead Software Development Engineer on the Amazon Rekognition Team, you will design and develop fast, efficient and highly scalable deep learning algorithms that are applied to challenging deep learning-based image and video recognition problems.
AWS AI / Rekognition APIs enables you to quickly add sophisticated visual search, image classification, face recognition and much more to your applications. You will work with senior scientists and engineers within Amazon AI and develop high quality software that is robust and reliable.
As part of the AWS AI Team, you will get to:
• Decide what features to build and performance improvements.
• Drive software engineering best practices.
• Design distributed and scalable systems.
• Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support new AI Services
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science or related field
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Strong problem solving skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience.
Experience with machine learning, deep learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools.
Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations.
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Experience with highly distributed systems.
Experience designing high performance software and algorithms for resource constrained IoT and mobile environments.
Proficiency training large scale models in, at least, one modern deep learning engine such as MXNet, Tensorflow, Caffe/Caffe2, Keras, PyTorch/Torch and Theano.
Experience in GPU, FPGA, DSP acceleration and performance tuning.
Experience in production-scale software development with MLDL//AI and computer vision.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top