Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art computer vision and applied machine learning that will make a lasting impact on society?
We are looking for talented Software Development Engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge deep learning technologies to customer facing computer vision products at Amazon Web Services (AWS)!
As a 'Software Development Engineer - Computer Vision AI' on the Amazon Rekognition Team (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/) you will design and develop fast, efficient and highly scalable deep learning algorithms that are applied to challenging deep learning-based image and video recognition problems.
In 'Rekognition' we offer a service that makes it easy to add image and video analysis to applications. Rekognition APIs enables you to quickly add sophisticated visual search, image classification, face recognition and much more to your applications.
You'll work with applied scientists and engineers within Amazon AI and develop high quality software that is robust and reliable.
Software Engineers at Amazon do so much more than just software development.
We'll be looking at you to help:
• Drive software engineering best practice while designing the world's foremost distributed and scalable systems.
• Develop and deploy cloud software framework for computer vision processing
• Design and develop innovative REST APIs and SDKs to deliver computer vision and machine learning capabilities
• Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of Java and Python software
• Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibility between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
• Create new feature and performance improvements
• Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
If you are a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic software professional who is passionate about new technologies including big data, computer vision, and machine learning, then this is the right team for you!!
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of software engineering with full development life cycle
• 3+ years of Java or Python programming and debugging skills
• 2+ years of applying object oriented design principles
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Domain knowledge of Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning
• Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2, Greengrass, etc.)
• Experience creating new successful REST APIs and SDKs delivered in multiple languages
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience designing high performance software and algorithms for resource constrained environments.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.