Software Development Engineer - AWS Accounts
- Arlington, VA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
All AWS customers journey begin with an account. The AWS Account teams are redefining how we serve our global customer needs. Be part of the founding team that is on a mission to evolve the core notion of an AWS Account.
You will move quickly to make customer's life easier by building new systems and by improving existing systems. You will help design, build and launch new external APIs that perform at the global scale for AWS customers. Utilize your experience and knowledge of distributed high performing systems, algorithms and data structures.
• Design, develop, implement and support internal/external APIs using current and emerging standards and technologies
• Set and expect high standards for solution designs and code reviews, to make sure the software is tuned for performance. Own the quality of delivered components
• Demonstrate leadership to resolve architecture and data challenges
• Support other senior SDEs as you continue to grow and develop
• Partner with geographically distributed teams to deliver results
• Mentor high performing junior engineers
• Work with teams across AWS to build integrate solutions
You will have opportunities to work with principal engineers to build the highly available distributed systems. As the AWS account effects many internal services, you'll work independently, with and across teams.
Have an opportunity to be a member of a brand-new team! The greater team is a diverse, smart, and hardworking team. Among many things, we're parents, musicians, and athletes who also enjoy time outside of the office. We've worked hard to create a trusting, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere. We're looking for engineers to grow a positive, enthusiastic, and driven environment.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years developing software solutions in large scale (over 10,000 users) global environments
• 3+ years of experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top