Software Development Engineer AWS
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into "the Cloud". As a member of a team creating a new AWS Service, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart and passionate about cloud computing.
You will need to love data and cloud computing infrastructure, and will be building intelligent software that leverages many internal tools. These systems will provide recommendations to expert AWS users who are hungry for deep insights into cost optimization, performance, security, and fault tolerance. This means you will become an AWS expert who works with a variety of teams to understand how all the pieces of AWS systems come together.
You should be somebody that is passionate about solving customers' problems; you should be technically strong software engineer who can lead and guide a team in tackling the hardest technical challenges, who excels working in an agile environment and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, who gets excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day! You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility and ownership.
- Bachelor's or advanced Degree in Computer Science or closely related field or Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work for every year of education
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Proficiency with one of the modern programming languages such as Java, C, C++, or C#
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Experience developing distributed systems and web services
- Familiarity with Linux development environment
- Familiarity with reporting and analytics is useful
- Familiarity with AWS services is a plus
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences
- Can deal well with ambiguous, undefined problems; ability to think abstractly and turn abstractions into results
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top