Software Development Engineer, AWS
We are building a new set of services within the Amazon Web Service (AWS) that will change the industry and will be used globally at massive scale. This is a great opportunity to work on a V1 and build out and architecture of a brand new mobile product line from the ground up. Our team is led by very well-known Executives who have made significant contributions to software engineering discipline.
At Amazon we also expect engineers like you to interact with customers, to understand our business goals, and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
This is a full-stack role where you will design and implement an interactive mobile experience on iOS or Android. This means building the mobile architecture, graphics, data-management, storage, caching, layouts, views, interactions, API, and much more. You will also be expected to contribute to the web services that back this experience. You will build the architecture, think through the tools, sync technology, and various systems that will support a great user experience for customers. These areas put together will be the backbone of our new revolutionary products, which YOU will help define and shape
What does it take to thrive as a developer at AWS? You need to be creative, responsible, and curious while working with others to move quickly in turning code into customer solutions. You're excited about rolling up your sleeves, implementing big ideas, and learning from those around you. You want the opportunity to grow your technical and professional skills while helping AWS grow. You relish the opportunity to dig into challenging operational issues and to help customers build the next generation of mobile web applications. You're somebody who knows how to be both productive and have fun with others.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain new software solutions.
- Use software engineering best practices.
- Work in an agile development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
- Mentor junior software development engineers
- BS Degree in Computer Science, or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing native iOS or Android apps.
- Minimum of 5 years overall software development experience.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Highly proficient in at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Objective-C, Swift.
- Proficiency in X-Code or Android Studio.
- 8+ years professional software development experience.
- 8+ years developing web services and/or web applications.
- Experience designing and implementing layout on mobile.
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience.
- Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real.
- A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Experience building high performance, scalable, elastic, resilient, extensible service-based software is a plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top