Software Development Engineer, AWS
Amazon Web Services has led the cloud computing revolution. Now we're going to change the nature of work. We are building a new product to help people and businesses focus on what matters most to them.
As a high-performing member of our engineering team, you will build and operate systems at scale and help build a new business for AWS. You will be surrounded by world-class technical talent. Every day will bring new opportunities to be challenged, learn, and gain top-notch experience in cloud computing, client-side development, and enterprise software.
As an experienced engineer, you will blaze a trail while having fun and creating tons of customer value. This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You enjoy working efficiently to build the right things with limited guidance. Your practical experience and high level of skill is demonstrated in applications that raise the bar for both security and ease of use across platforms. The team is stronger due to your presence, and you regularly contribute to the professional development of colleagues. You understand the business impacts of technical decisions and guide technology choices to create amazing experiences for customers.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, or relevant work experience
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- 1+ years developing applications for web services or applications
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 5+ years professional software development experience.
- 2+ years developing web services and/or web applications.
- Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real.
- A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Experience building high performance, scalable, elastic, resilient, extensible service-based software is a plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top