Software Development Engineer, Aurora Serverless
- Toronto, Canada
Imagine a database where you don't have to worry about the configuration or capacity of your database. Where you don't have to worry about what kind of load that your product or service will put on it and you only pay for what you use. Want to learn more? Then read on.
Amazon Aurora Serverless an on-demand, auto-scaling configuration for Amazon Aurora where the database will automatically start up, shut down, and scale capacity up or down based on your application's needs, with no down time. It enables you to run your database in the cloud without managing any database instances. With Amazon Aurora Serverless we aim to do nothing less than revolutionize the database business. Aurora Serverless builds on top of foundational AWS services such as EC2, S3 and DynamoDB and we are breaking new ground in the way that customers experience databases.
To learn more about Amazon Aurora Serverless visit: https://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora/serverless/
We are looking for passionate and curious engineers to innovate with us on behalf of our customers. In this role, you will work with our senior engineers to design and implement systems that orchestrate thousands of databases. You will build web service APIs and workflows that make a platform keeping Aurora Serverless highly available, reliable, scalable and fast.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing AWS service, have an impact on the product direction and the shape of the cutting-edge database technology. We count on your technical expertise and eagerness to learn. You will act a role model for junior engineers. We will give you the opportunity to work with and learn from a team of extremely talented engineers.
We recognize new team members need time to ramp-up and feel fully comfortable within the team. You will have a launch buddy, an engineer who will help you navigate through this processes offering you help and mentorship.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Ability to work in a diverse team
• Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
• Experience with distributed databases and/or storage systems,
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top