Software Development Engineer - Audio
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As an SrAudio Software Development Engineer, you will work in one of the fastest-changing fields, with the benefits of Amazon's infrastructure and being surrounded by subject matter experts and technology partners. You must love high quality signal processing, enjoy adjusting codecs, optimizing audio frameworks, and have a feel for what a good consumer experience should sound like. As part of the larger technology team working on new consumer technology, your work will have a large impact to hardware, internal software developers, ecosystem, and ultimately the lives of Amazon customers. In this role, you will:
- Develop audio and speech processing algorithms
- Optimize and port to different platforms of audio and speech processing algorithms
- Integrate vendor hardware and software stacks
- Tune hardware for highest audio performance and lowest noise
- Be passionate, responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
- Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of software development engineering experience
- Familiarity with OpenMAX and/or ALSA
- Master's or PhD degree
- Experience with audio filter design
- Experience with Bluetooth audio profiles
- Android Audio frameworks knowledge
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top