ABOUT THE TEAM
Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is responsible for creating a trustworthy shopping experience across Amazon stores worldwide by protecting customers, brands, selling partners and Amazon from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as empowering, providing worldclass support, and building loyalty with Amazon's millions of selling partners. We value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's Perfect Order Experience team, under CTPS, works to ensure that Customers can buy with confidence on Amazon. We develop and implement technology innovations, programs, tools, and policies to protect the buying experience on Amazon while minimizing friction for our selling partners. Our team is constantly innovating on behalf of customers to solve business problems. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us drive improvements in our A-to-Z Guarantee space.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A-to-z Guarantee is Amazon's primary mechanism for protecting customers when they encounter a negative order experience with a third-party seller. We focus on helping Customers easily report a problem when something goes wrong, Sellers to effectively resolve these problems for our customers, and Amazon systems & associates to efficiently adjudicate decisions where we need to step in! Because of the customer experience & financial impact of this product, as well as the opportunities to test integration points upstream, parallel, and downstream this is an exciting opportunity for a Sr Technical Program Manager to join the team and own and drive exciting projects across CTPS and other parts of Amazon.
In this role, you will:
• Work among a single threaded (tech and product) team, in an agile environment, to deliver innovative solutions to complex customer problems, against challenging timelines
• Work with other amazing engineers to establish architectural principles, investigate design approaches, evaluate feasibility, and prototype new technology
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Perform development and maintenance of key system features
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years of Software Development experience; 2+ years of experience in building highly complex and scalable systems.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, C++or Perl
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experienced in high compute data processing.
• Worked in collaborative environment and coached peer and junior engineers.
• Caching technologies, web protocols, Web services technologies a strong plus.
• Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.