Software Development Engineer at AWS Data Exchange - New York
- New York, NY
AWS Data Exchange is democratizing the way millions of customers find, subscribe to, and use third-party data in the cloud. We have thousands of data products from more than 180 data providers and make it easier for developers, academics, enterprises, and scientific researchers to find the data they need to cure diseases, manage their food supply chain, and recommend the best movies when all you want to do is relax. As a recently launched service based in NYC, this is your chance to work in a start-up like environment within the world's most successful cloud business.
Customers tell us they want using data in the cloud to be as easy as it is to shop online; however with existing solutions it can take hundreds of hours to get access to and start using third-party data. AWS Data Exchange reduces that process to minutes so builders can jump straight to using data to solve problems.
AWS Data Exchange is looking for engineers to solve challenging problems and help evolve the service. As a Software Development Engineer on the AWS Data Exchange team, you will be a key contributor to the future direction and growth of the service. You will be on a highly collaborative team that architects and builds solutions at AWS scale, resolves customer challenges, and maintains/enhances the operational excellence that creates loyal AWS customers. Simply put, as a member of this team you will be given the opportunity to make fundamental contributions to the design and architecture of an AWS service while growing your own technical and professional skills.
We understand that sometimes you need to work from home. Outside of quarantine, our team is co-located in the New York office and we work from home as needed for a doctor's appointments, to take our kids to school, pick them up, and do the things that can't be done from the office.
This position involves periodic on-call responsibilities. We don't like getting paged, so we build our systems fault tolerant and root cause problems so we're not paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You'll have an opportunity to learn from people with and without engineering backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough and helpful code reviews.
We care about your career growth. You will work on projects and tasks that will develop your skills and enable you to take on increasingly complex tasks.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
This is a full-time position and is based in our New York, NY office located in the heart of Manhattan with easy access to all forms of public transportation.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 5+ years of professional experience in building production software systems.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Proven track record of building and shipping enterprise software products
• Proven track record delivering high quality software
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top