Software Development Engineer - Android
- New York, NY
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of e-Commerce and Advertising, offering a range of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers discover and shop for anything they want to buy. Advertising is an extension of the shopping experience and as consumers watch more video than ever, a viewing revolution is underway in how people consume video and connect with brands.
People are watching more video and shopping online more than ever, but the viewing medium is shifting from traditional broadcast and cable TV to connected TVs and OTT apps. As viewing habits shift, a tremendous opportunity is emerging to shape the future of video advertising and shopping experiences.
Do you want to be part of a new program to drive innovation within Amazon Advertising in this emerging space? Does the opportunity to build new advertising experiences on a cross-functional team with a startup mentality excite you? We are a stealth program inventing new ad formats for the living room screen, run with the notion that we are here to serve and understand consumers, advertisers and publishers better than anyone else. We build large-scale, high-profile consumer facing products to change the way people shop from advertising. If you are passionate about speed, innovation, collaborative problem solving and advocating on behalf of the customer, join our insurgent team to be a part of the next generation of advertising experiences.
As an Android Software Engineer, you will be working with the team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborating with cross-functional teams. We are looking for an engineer with expertise in modern Android applications and a passion for building pixel-perfect user experiences. An ideal candidate will partner with senior engineers to build new features that are built to delight customers and utilize Android best practices. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards. You build prototypes to explore options and drive to the best solution with a close engineering partnership.
• Partner with senior engineers, designers and teams in order to and build new features.
• Design new, secure, and reliable features that drive real-time data, video, and audio solutions.
• Utilize modern Android patterns.
• Code defensively against a large variety of operating systems and devices.
• Build pixel-perfect user experiences.
• Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
• Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire team.
• Engage with the Android community across Amazon to share learnings and grow.
Impact and Career Growth:
• Have an opportunity to contribute across the full stack.
• Build the next generation of our video ads platform
• Opportunity to grow and broaden your technical skills as you work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience in mobile app development in Android
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Expertise in Android SDK, Java, and cross-platform technologies such as React Native
• Experience with REST architecture for web services
• Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top