Come help Amazon create and deploy cutting edge technologies that help us delight our customers by delivering packages faster than ever before. As a Software Development Engineer with Amazon Flex, you will own implementation of software solutions that allows us to scale and support multiple businesses globally such as Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Lockers and many more new initiatives. Your work will have direct impact not only on Amazon's end customers, but also on large number of delivery partners who deliver packages for us. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest innovation, at flex.amazon.com.
We are looking for an Android Software Engineer who brings a combination of solid coding background, an aptitude to apply cutting edge technologies at scale, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. You will take large projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop technical specifications, and implement major deliverables end-to-end. This position requires collaboration with fellow software engineers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• An interest in cross platform development on Android.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Experience in utilizing mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .