Software Development Engineer, Amazon Video Benchmarking
Amazon Video Benchmarking is seeking a software developer who will be a key contributor in designing and building a product that measures the customer experience and performance of streaming video providers around the world. This is cutting edge technology and an opportunity to exercise your creativity exploring unconventional ideas to simulate and quantify any aspect of the customer experience.
Joining a small team of scrappy hardware, software, and data engineers, you will use your skills to leverage computer vision algorithms, robotics, TCP traffic analysis, and quantitative analysis to challenge conventional wisdom with hard data. Our ideal candidate loves building software, is self-directed, knows how to get things done, and is not afraid to take on big challenges.
Are you this person? If so, you are going to love this job because you will:
- Solve unique problems and work on a small, self-directed team.
- Build tools that have never been made before
- Work in a cool set of technologies such as robotics and video, with all the algorithms that come with it
- Directly influence the vision and objectives for your team's work in alignment with business and market needs
- Directly change what we do in Amazon products to delight our customers
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python, C, C++, C#, or Java
- A strong intellectual curiosity to continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving business and market needs
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience in Computer Vision fundamentals and algorithms
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top