Software Development Engineer, Amazon Video
Amazon Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Amazon Video team delivers high-quality instant video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of our video offering that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content.
Are you looking for an opportunity to use machine learning and add a valuable skill to your developer toolkit? Are you prepared to take on manual and partially automated business processes and replace them with high-velocity AI enabled services? Amazon Video is looking for software developers willing to embrace ML, re-invent established business processes, and replace them with an algorithm driven platform. Prior experience with machine learning is not required, though will be helpful.
You will join a development team that owns the Video advertising and pre rolls within AV. This channel is a most efficient customer engagement channel within AV for driving incremental impressions for Amazon originals. We are inventing a new personalization and ranking platform to increase impact of our platform. The services we build rely on leading edge machine learning techniques to learn about our customer needs and to match them with a wide array of video content. In short, we have exciting challenges in an industry that's doubling in size every year, and you can be a part of it. You will learn a lot on the core video streaming including Playback, Client players and Video and Audio encoding technologies.
You should expect to exercise both your coding skills and creative abstract thinking as you map real world processes to ML enabled systems. The skills you will gain are not Amazon Video specific and you will be able to apply them to a vast domain of problems later on. Please be aware that even though diving deep into machine learning algorithms is not a requirement for this position, a small, but statistically significant percentage of developers find their propensity for math dangerously elevated over time.
If you are ready to truly make an impact on a product that interacts with millions of people around the world, including your own friends and family, then we would love to talk to you!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
- 4+ years industry experience in designing software architecture, leading software development groups, and operating scalable software systems
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, design patterns.
- Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
- Experience with Java or other object oriented languages- preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform including JVM internals or equivalent lower-level implementation
- Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience building machine learning enabled services
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience with Video streaming industry
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
- Fluency in programming languages beyond Java and C++ (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Graduate degree a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top