Software Development Engineer, Amazon Transportation Services
- Austin, TX
The Line Haul Network Engineering and Product Development (LHNEPD) team, within Amazon Transportation Services (ATS), is looking for an exceptional, motivated, experienced software development engineer with a strong delivery record to developing new software solutions.
You will have the opportunity to work across multiple problem spaces with a primary focus on back-end technology for new products that will redefine how we flow packages through the NA Middle Mile Network. You will be solving complex problems, working on difficult challenges in software engineering as the scale of our product portfolio grows. You will be responsible for engineering new products and service features that will shape how the Middle Mile network evolves here at Amazon. You will be part of a new team charged with defining and building new solutions in a startup environment.
As a Software Development Engineer in the LHNEPD team, you will build and innovate the technology stack that powers optimal network flow. You will work closely with business teams, technology teams and operations teams around the world, make a huge, measurable impact to Amazon's customers, the retail and operations businesses, and build and innovate solutions that are simple and easy to maintain and scale. You are comfortable conversing with, collaborating with and persuading product, business and technology teams alike, and are poised and polished when presenting to senior level executives.
Want to learn more about what it's like working for Amazon Transportation Services? Check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5YqrtBGvY&feature=youtu.be
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's in CS, CE, EE or equivalent experience
• Proficient in one or more software languages (C, C++, C#, Java, Python, R, etc.)
• 2+ years of relevant industry experience
• Experience building products used by Data Scientists and Analysts to make impactful decisions
• Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented development, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• MS in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top