Software Development Engineer, Amazon Search CSE
- Seattle, WA
The Search organization is looking for a passionate and innovative Software Development Engineer based in Palo Alto, California, to join our Search Client Services Engineering team.
Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, Amazon Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our Search team is made up of world-class Software Engineers, Designers, Data Scientists and Usability Researchers, working around the globe in a close-knit and highly collaborative environment. We build server-side and native applications and experiences across desktop, phone, tablet and other devices.
If you have a solid track record in solving a problem end-to-end by designing and building a software to solve complex problem, and a knack for automating and simplifying processes leveraging software development skills, then we want to talk to you.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing internal tools and applications to solve complex business and operational problems to maximize the productivity of Search systems development, without introducing unnecessary cost or complication. You are expected to gain deep understanding of the Search Backend architecture and its configuration system, in order to translate business requirements to a technical specification and make necessary changes to the systems. A strong partnership and collaboration with the architects, the builders, and the tenants of the system will be required in order to succeed in this role.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Cloud technologies (Serverless) and Web application development
• Bachelor's or higher degree in a technical field or equivalent professional experience
• Familiarity with computer science fundamentals (e.g. time/space complexity analysis)
• Experience in operating production software in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Experience in Web backend/frontend development using modern framework (we primarily use Flask and React)
• Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Cloud technologies (Terraform, CDK, and ETL pipeline)
• Ability to design and implement process improvement, automation and continued enhancements from data-driven approach
• Experience working across organizations and with remote teams
• Contributions or leadership experiences in the open-source community
• Demonstrated coding skills through coding contest or hackathon
Back to top