Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system Amazon Scout designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
We need versatile, curious, and motivated engineers who are ready to design software in a start-up like environment. You will collaborate with top-notch research scientists and machine learning engineers to build high-quality production code. If you are passionate about pioneering new technologies for the real world, inventing something new, and delivering great software, we want to talk to you.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Familiarity with AWS tools for data processing and visualization, or Node.js
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from machine learning, large scale data platforms, service oriented architecture, distributed systems design, android platform, front-end user interfaces, databases etc
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.