Software Development Engineer - Amazon Route 53
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with Amazon CloudFront, Amazon S3, and Amazon Elastic Load Balancing. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we're expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
We work on deep, technical problems that span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to networking to distributed systems to numerical analysis to security. We are looking for a developer who will lead the team and who feels strongly not only about building good software but also about running that software in the real world.
You'll have the opportunity to help AWS build the platform that will set the standard for cloud computing. On the Route 53 team, you will have to make tough prioritization decisions, iterate and innovate relentlessly, and think through large-scale globally distributed systems problems. You will have to think about how to provide advanced functionality while maintaining a 100% availability guarantee. You will be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or at least 5 years equivalent work experience
- Expert skill in one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java, and proficiency with one other programming language
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
- Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top