Software Development Engineer - Amazon Route 53
- Herndon, VA
Software Developer - Amazon Web Services - Herndon, VA
Amazon Web Services (Route 53) is expanding our presence within the Herndon, VA area due to explosive growth! We currently have an opening for mid to senior level Software Developers. Please submit a resume for consideration via our career site portal.
At Amazon Web Services, we like to "work backwards": start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our software engineering. We're looking for a software engineer who is experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers' hands. Our best ideas become even better when we get feedback from real customer use. The sooner we can get that feedback, the more quickly we can grow.
This position will be part of the Amazon Route 53 team in the Herndon, VA office. Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we're expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
We work on deep, technical problems that span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to networking to distributed systems to numerical analysis to security. We are looking for a developer who will lead the team and who feels strongly not only about building good software but also about running that software in the real world.
Amazon in a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, software engineers might whip up a prototype to prove an idea, instrument code to report a new metric, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science
• Demonstrated ability to communicate business and technical ideas to varied audiences including customers, peer engineers, and senior leadership
• Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
Back to top