Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse teams come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Having our offices, labs, test floors and factories all co-located means that we can design the hardware, write the code, test, build and watch it all come to life. This allows us to innovate quickly and on limitless ideas. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
Amazon Robotics is seeking talented and motivated Software Engineers to design, develop and test software that controls and optimizes mobile-robotic fulfillment systems used by Amazon.com operations. Amazon Robotics software facilitates user workflows, robotic control and machine to user interfaces, advanced algorithms and mobile technology. Our Software Engineers experiment with disruptive technologies and integrate them within our current software solutions using agile methodologies in a collaborative team environment. Each Software Engineer will have an assigned technical mentor to help with onboarding, as well as 1-1 guidance from their manager, and will work closely with other engineers.
Come join us in North Reading, MA, or in our newly expanded innovation hub in Westborough, MA!
As a Software Engineer, you will:
• Identify and develop software solutions to current business problems
• Work with your manager and team to create milestones and deliverables
• Participate in daily scrums and reviews with development teams
• Develop design documentation and lead reviews with other engineers
• Write code and unit tests and integrate code with other software and hardware components
• Prototype and test concepts or features, both through simulation tools and emulators and with live robotic equipment
• Work directly with customers to test software prototypes and incorporate feedback
• Utilize Amazon Robotics and Amazon engineering tools, processes and technologies
• B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, applied math or other algorithmic-centric discipline
• Experience building software applications through internships, course projects, hackathons or personal projects
• Understanding of Object Oriented Programming, data structures and algorithms
• Proficient in Java, Python, C++ or C#
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
• Experience with creative problem solving and articulating technical challenges and solutions
• Exposure to any of the following concepts: AWS and other Web Technologies, schedulers, workflows, state machines, multi-threading, and networking protocols
• Interest in Robotics including coursework or clubs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.