Software Development Engineer - Amazon Robotics - 2020 Grad
- North Reading, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
As a Software Engineer at Amazon Robotics you will design, develop and test software that controls and optimizes mobile-robotic fulfillment systems used by Amazon.com operations. Amazon Robotics software facilitates user workflows, robotic control and machine to user interfaces, advanced algorithms and mobile technology. Our Software Engineers experiment with disruptive technologies and integrate them within our current distributed software solutions, using agile methodologies in a collaborative team environment. Each Software Engineer will have an assigned technical mentor to help with onboarding, as well as 1-1 guidance from their manager, and will work closely with other engineers. We love fungible, full stack developers that have worked on developing complex software and services who are interested in the integration with hardware.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Identify and develop software solutions to current business problems
• Work with your manager and team to create milestones and deliverables
• Participate in daily scrums and reviews with development teams
• Develop design documentation and lead reviews with other engineers
• Write code and unit tests and integrate code with other software and hardware components
• Prototype and test concepts or features, both through simulation tools and emulators and with live robotic equipment
• Work directly with customers to test software prototypes and incorporate feedback
• Utilize Amazon Robotics and Amazon engineering tools, processes and technologies
• B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, applied math or other algorithmic-centric discipline
• Experience building software applications through internships, course projects, hackathons or personal projects
• Understanding of Object Oriented Programming, data structures and algorithms
• Proficient in Java, Python, C++ or C#
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
• Experience with creative problem solving and articulating technical challenges and solutions
• Exposure to any of the following concepts: AWS and other Web Technologies, schedulers, workflows, state machines, multi-threading, and networking protocols
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top