Software Development Engineer - Amazon Rekognition
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is seeking an innovation and results-oriented Software Development Engineer in our Rekognition team. Amazon Rekognition (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/) is a brand new AWS service that launched in Nov. 2016 and provides deep learning-based image recognition. It is a service that makes it easy to add image analysis to applications. With Rekognition, customers can detect objects, scenes, and faces in images. They can also search and compare faces. Rekognition's API enables to quickly add sophisticated deep learning-based visual search and image classification to applications.
Behind the facade of this AI capability is the work of an extremely smart and motivated team owning the full service stack and solving challenging problems around scaling, efficiency, and reliability to make sure our customers discover content they care about. Equally critical and challenging is the science behind Rekognition that uses deep neural network models to detect and label thousands of objects and scenes in images. We are constantly adding new capabilities to the service, meaning what is launched is just the tip of the iceberg. The goal is to be the bleeding edge of a highly scalable technology that can analyze billions of images daily and provide rich analytics.
We have an ambitious charter and on this team you will be able to get your hands on lots of technologies. You would thrive in an environment where you'd solve challenging technical problems, often the ones others have not solved before, with peers who have industry leading technical abilities. Your solutions will be rolled out to millions of customers across the world. You will get to build on top of Amazon's vast development infrastructure, including AWS as well as internal tools for setting up continuous deployment and real-time monitoring.
If you are a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic software professional who is passionate about new technologies including big data, computer vision, and machine learning, then this is the right team for you.
- Develop and deploy cloud software frameworks for computer vision processing
- Design and develop innovative REST APIs and SDKs to deliver computer vision and machine learning capabilities
- Integrate computer vision processing with other cloud services
- Provide expert support to product teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of software engineering with full development life cycle
- Strong hands-on experience in OOP, Java, or C++
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Domain knowledge of Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning
- 2+ years working in a software as a service environment (e-commerce or other high scale services)
- Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
- Experience creating new successful REST APIs and SDKs delivered in multiple languages
- Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top