Software Development Engineer, Amazon Registry Services
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon Registry Services operates Amazon's portfolio of 52 generic Top Level Domains (gTLD). We are a small, fast-paced team with the mindset of a startup and the full backing and resources of Amazon. We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us democratize AI and reshape the internet.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to play a central role within the engineering team for a key gTLD. In this role, you will play an engineering leadership role in the development of the product portfolio for the rapidly growing conversational voice and text interaction space, influencing how human to machine conversations are enabled by working with Amazon AI and building technology powered by Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing. You will contribute to key architectural decisions, building a robust and scalable new product used by developers and consumers. This is an opportunity to be involved in shaping this exciting new space from the ground up.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in operating in an ambiguous space with strong technical aptitude, project management skills, and with demonstrated ability in building products and APIs services. You must be able to make both strategic and tactical decisions. You should be innovative, have effective engineering leadership, communication skills, and be team oriented. You must excel in navigating cross-functional efforts and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into highly scalable yet simple products that our audience will love.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4+ years industry experience with at least 1+ years providing technical leadership for a product.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Demonstrated coding and problem solving skills in at least one modern programming language.
• 6+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer with 3+ years as a Senior Engineering leading teams in an agile environment
• Experience operating and maintaining production software
• Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimization)
• Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling)
• Experience in basic data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting
• Experience in building REST APIs
• Experience in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
• Experience building scalable products using Amazon Web Services
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top