We are searching for Software Development Engineers with passion for developing complex algorithm and solving mathematical challenges in the context of spatial analysis and distributed execution engines. If you are motivated by the fact that your algorithm helps thousands of the world biggest companies to run spatial analysis and get new insights this role is for you!
Our cloud data warehouse Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. With Redshift Spectrum, our customers can easily data from Amazon S3, thereby scaling their warehouse out to Exabytes and allowing them to integrate data in all kinds of file formats from their data lake into their analytics.
As Software Development Engineer at Amazon Redshift Spatial, you will:
• Participate in the design and development of state-of-the-art spatial systems
• Develop spatial algorithms and provide the foundation for location intelligence
• Build spatial features such as joins, indices, clustering, interpolation and spatial-temporal analysis with full round earth support
• Solve mathematical problems that will revolutionise spatial computing in the cloud
Joining the Amazon Redshift Spatial team gives you the opportunity to:
• Work on the latest technology, as we constantly build the latest research concepts into Redshift Spectrum.
• Be part of something big, as you are working on a key pillar of AWSs extensive service portfolio and thousands of Amazon Redshift customers benefit from your contributions.
• Learn from the best, as you are working on challenging engineering tasks in a team of very experienced experts that are close to support you.
• Be part of a great team, as we invest a lot to create an inclusive environment that allows you to perform at your best, while maintaining a fun atmosphere.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
We believe a diverse group of people with different background and experiences are a catalyst to generating a breadth of ideas therefore we do all we can to attract and nurture this in our team.
• 3+ years experience in professional software development
• Experience in writing system software in a systems language such as C or
• Bachelors or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
• Ability to write high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain and experience in debugging and trouble-shooting software.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science with a focus on computational geometry, graphics or equivalent
• Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), spatial analysis, or location intelligence
• Knowledge of multiple-precision arithmetic kernels for geometric processing
• Contributions to geometric libraries
• Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
• Experience in the development and architecture of geometry processing libraries, such as GEOS/PostGIS, CGAL, Boost.Geometry or similar
• Experience with systems internals, optimization, and execution
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.