Software Development Engineer - Amazon Redshift
- Berlin, Germany
Our team builds brand new tools to set a new standard for data analytics tooling. We are innovating the way how users view, manage and analyze data at massive scale and utilize collaboration on their data related efforts.
In our team, you will have a direct impact on one of the newest and the most exiting services in AWS. You will own and implement specific components, build highly available, secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems, help define the system architecture.
This is a full-stack development position, leaning towards back-end work.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Due to Covid-19 situation, out team currently works from home. We generally keep core working hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us starts the day earlier and the other half of us stay later.
This position involves on-call responsibilities. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds
through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline (or the equivalent)
• Proven problem-solving skills and knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming and systems design
• Experience with relational or non-relational database systems
• 4+ years of professional experience as an engineer working on highly scalable backend systems, preferably within AWS technologies
• 3+ years of experience in Java development.
• Production experience in designing, building, and operating large-scale distributed systems and web services environments on cloud providers as part of an agile software development team
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI / CD, testing and operations
• Experience with the mentorship/leadership of junior engineers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top