Amazon Quantum Ledger Database, a next generation purpose built database technology was announced in Preview at re:Invent 2018 and is seeing tremendous interest from AWS customers! It is a foundational technology of Amazon's Blockchain strategy and a revolutionary OLTP database with scalable throughput. Join us during this formative period of the product and be a leader in shaping the future of Amazon QLDB as we drive towards General Availability.
Amazon QLDB is a fully managed ledger database that provides a transparent, immutable, and cryptographically verifiable transaction log of all application data changes over time. It offers a SQL-like API, flexible document data model and full support for transactions. QLDB eliminates the need for organizations to build ledger-like functionality when their applications require audit-ability and verifiability, such as, when tracking the history of credits and debits in banking applications, verifying data lineage of an insurance claim, or tracing movement of an item in a supply chain network. QLDB is serverless and highly scalable, allowing customers to scale effortlessly to support the demands of their applications.
The Edge and Developer Experience team aspires to build highly scalable, high performant data plane APIs and developer tools like AWS Console, QLDB Drivers that offer first-class developer experience. We are looking for talented engineers who are customer obsessed and who can learn and dive into distributed systems and database problems to invent simple and elegant solutions. In this role, you will care deeply about customer experience and focus on building performant systems that offer idiomatic interfaces to customers. You will collaborate with a team of highly skilled engineers to build mission critical distributed systems that power QLDB's data plane. You will have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, you will drive engineering best practices and be constantly looking for ways to make the systems you own better. You have great communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
1) An Intro to Amazon QLDB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9epn3BfqE
2) What is Amazon QLDB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiEbMJ86dGQ
3) AWS Launchpad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APq9PaaZJPA
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Solid understanding of best coding practices including design, unit testing, and peer code-reviews.
• Demonstrated experience in a tech lead role in large, complex software projects
• Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate.
• Ability to work on a team with diverse experience and backgrounds.
• Experience in developing large scale or complex applications.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms.
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, see https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.