Software Development Engineer - Amazon Publishing
Amazon Publishing, Amazon's full-service publishing arm, is looking for an exceptional senior software engineer to help advance this fast-paced business. In this position you will be designing and building systems with a focus on performance, reliability, simplification, low operational cost, long-term supportability, and first-class user experience. If you are excited by both technical and business challenges and are obsessive about delighting customers then this is an opportunity to apply your broad skills and make a real difference for our internal and external users. You will share your knowledge with less experienced teammates and play a large part in their professional development. If you love books and are intrigued by their lifecycle then that's just a bonus!
To be a successful candidate you have an understanding of scalable distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, full-stack web development, and application design. You have a passion for learning new skills and appreciation for complex business rules. You are able to dive deeply into existing complexity, collaborate with business and technical leaders, and drive simplification. You work efficiently in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, bringing flexibility, speed, and quality to your team. You thrive in a culture of experimentation and innovation, but also have a proven track record of delivering results to solve challenging problems. You guide the growth of other engineers through mentoring, and serve as your team's technical expert.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills in multiple modern programming languages.
- Experience building scalable and high-performance systems in a multi-tiered and distributed environment.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- You build the right product for your customers and pride yourself on delivering products on time against deadlines.
- Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through the production launch and beyond.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
- Experience with scalable web applications and distributed services development.
- Knowledge of a functional programming language such as Clojure, Scala, or Haskell.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database principles.
- Knowledge of a NoSQL data store such as DynamoDB, HBase, or MongoDB.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top