Software Development Engineer - Amazon Photos
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Photos helps consumers preserve and re-live their memories. The service comes with unlimited photo storage for Prime members and apps are available on iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Fire Tablet & Fire TV. The service is also integrated into Alexa devices such as Echo Show and Echo Spot. Amazon Photos is the latest digital offering to consumers released on the heels of the Amazon Music and Amazon Video offerings. We have ambitious goals to scale growth and adoption of the service around the world and delight our customers with a great product.
What you will do: You will provide technical leadership and vision to the teams building Amazon Photos solutions for FireTV and Fire Tablet. You will ensure that the best engineering practices are followed and that our software is designed to be responsive, reliable and maintainable. You will be a key influencer in our product vision, working with our great designers and product team to build software that millions use. You will work closely with other teams throughout Amazon to design and architect solutions that will scale to hundreds of millions of customers. You will be a role model and mentor for other engineers on the team. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged.
What we are looking for: You are an experienced Software Engineer who has shipped great software. You've good experience on building scalable services, android apps. You like building client applications and enjoy the freedom and the ability to do things in mobile space that you just cannot do on other client platforms. You spend most of your time using higher level language constructs because that is usually the fastest way to get things done, but you will get your hands dirty with OS API calls when you need to. You know that a great mobile app not only does the job, but does it with a great flow and look and feel. You love building software that makes people say "wow, that is amazing" and "I did not know you could do that". You love working with a smart, talented team because you know that makes you better. You love solving complex problems with simple code.
Why you want to be on the Photos team: We're passionate technology professionals, photographers and photo enthusiasts who are genuinely excited about how we can make preserving and re-living digital photographs a simple joy. We're a close-knit team of friendly, collaborative people who love working together and having fun together. We're super smart and love learning. And did I mention that we also love our dogs?
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3 years of professional software development experience
• 3 years of software development experience using Java on Android
• Proficiency in object oriented development and ability to apply OO concepts
• Extensive knowledge of Android development techniques and practices.
• Ability to teach and mentor junior and mid-level engineers
• Experience with multi-threading and mobile device memory management.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
Back to top