Software Development Engineer - Amazon Music
- San Francisco, CA
Be part of the Playback Experience team here at Amazon Music. We make music happen.
We are looking for a Linux enthusiast to get our engine humming on Linux.
Our clients and services are the critical link between your deviceEcho, iOS, Android, Fire TVand the Amazon Music catalog. Over 80 million songs. Many delivered in ultra high definition and 3D audio. Our mission is the fast, flawless, and secure delivery and playback of music for our customers.
Our playback engine plays the music on millions of iOS, Android clients, and Fire TV devices. While our back-end services serve hundreds of millions of requests each day. Our catalog contains over 80 million songs. Many delivered in ultra high definition and 3D audio. Our mission is the fast, flawless, and secure delivery of music to our customers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Love of Linux;
• Solid experience with immutable infrastructure tools like CoudFormation or Ansible;
• Solid experience with audio on Linux. You have experience and opinions about ALSA, OSS, and Pulse Audio;
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Experience developing, releasing, and operating web services
• Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Experience working with HTTP, TLS, load balancers, forward proxies, and caches.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. #MusicJobs
Back to top