As a Software Development Engineer you will collaborate with scientists on developing and evaluating machine learning models using large datasets such as audio features, meta-data, search queries or customer's listening behavior to improve the customer experience through better recommendations, search results, or song sequencing. You will own scaling up successful prototypes and implementing a reliable automated production workflow for the model. You will collaborate with software development engineers to integrate the model with the customer experience.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up.
Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and the digital music store. Amazon Music offerings are available in multiple countries, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in a way that enhances their day-to-day lives. We can be found on platforms such as the Amazon Echo, Kindle Fire, iOS, and Android as well as on a mixture of home and auto streaming platforms
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Java, Scala or Python
• Master's Degree in Computer Science
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience building workflows involving large dataset and/or machine learning models in production using distributed computing and big data processing concepts and technologies.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers