Software Development Engineer - Amazon Kids
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Kids+ brings together all types of content that kids and parents love, including books, Audible books, movies, TV shows, educational apps and games, plus a child-friendly Alexa experience. It provides peace of mind for parents with award-winning parental controls and monitoring through Parent Dashboard, and a world of fun for kids where they can choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content, all hand-selected by the Amazon Kids team. Amazon Kids is available on Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Kindle e-readers, compatible Android and iOS mobile devices, and compatible Alexa devices. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/kids.
Do you want to create and deliver innovate consumer software products for millions of customers around the world? We are growing and looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to join the Amazon Kids team. You will be responsible for owning and driving large-scale customer-facing features from inception to delivery and beyond. You will have an opportunity to design, architect and build innovative consumer products used every day by people you know.
Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our Amazon family of devices, as well as Android and iOS devices. Working for Amazon Kids offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
• Broad technical depth and knowledge of mobile devices, applications and technologies
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with Android mobile application development
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
• Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Master's degree
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top