Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers Amazon's global fulfillment network by designing and building the software, hardware and processes that enable our customers to get what they want, when they want it. We don't just talk about innovating, we put innovation into action, working alongside our employees in the FCs to move billions of customer orders through our Fulfillment Centers globally. We push the bounds of robotics, computer vision, machine learning, and operations research to improve quality, engage our workforce, and delight customers. AFT is creating the future of fulfillment, and we're looking for people with big ideas and the drive to see them at work in the real world. If you're ready to innovate on a global scale, join us.
Our team is looking for Software Development Engineers who can join us in building technological platforms which would help Fulfillment Centers (FCs i.e. Amazon Warehouses) around the world to operate efficiently by providing live work-in-progress information and insights to FC users and software services which rely on real time information for planning, staffing, risk and other operational inputs. These platforms provide aggregate data from multiple systems and help build an end-to-end picture of FC state to help users make key decisions to improve efficiency, staff optimally, troubleshoot issues etc. These decisions impact delivery of packages to Amazon customers.. So, your work will directly influence Amazon business and customer promise. As a member of this team, you will get the opportunity to work on highly visible, innovative projects that directly impact the customer experience. You will be involved in all the aspects of the software development cycle including scoping, design, implementation, testing & delivery of your product. The position has great opportunity for growth.
We value team work, hustle, and good communication skills. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, have a customer centric mindset, and feel strongly about building automated systems that can be operated at world-wide scale with minimal human intervention. You will collaborate with other team members and stakeholders and have a strong sense of ownership and demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience working remotely while collaborating with geographically distant team members is preferable, though not required.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with linear math optimization systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .