Software Development Engineer, Amazon Fresh
As a member of the AmazonFresh Global Product & Technology Team, you will work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing, from helping to enhance and scale our customer experience to designing and implementing algorithms to improve personalization and predictive analytics. AmazonFresh is Amazon's grocery delivery service, now delivering bananas and thousands of other grocery items to customers in nearly 2,000 cities in the U.S. and abroad. Help us build exciting new experiences for our customers while having fun and making history! At Amazon, the impact you have on the world is limited only by the passion you put into your ideas.
AmazonFresh is now hiring software engineers in Jersey City, New Jersey. Be a formative member of a new team in a business that is fundamentally changing the way customers shop on Amazon. We're an agile startup culture that codes in Java, Scala, Ruby, NoSQL databases, and similar technologies. Learn how to deploy to AWS the Amazon way - you'll use EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, SNS, SQS, AWS IoT, and more, in a continuous integration, testing, and deployment pipeline.
You can enhance and scale our ordering experience, from search and selection through fulfillment orchestration. You can design and implement data structures and algorithms to improve our Analytics platform. And you can invent future features we haven't even thought of - many of Amazon's most creative innovations have been built by small teams of passionate engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and skills
- At least four years of experience writing production code with object oriented and/or functional design
- 4+ years of experience and proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Ruby, Python, or Go
- Experience developing on Linux or another Unix variant
- Desire to deliver features championed by Amazon customers
- Ability to translate business requirements into well designed technical solutions
- Passion for agile programming, building incremental releases and deploying multiple times a week
- Mindset of continuous learning – from other people, from the web, from user groups
- Belief in communicating openly, listening to others' ideas, and collaborating to arrive at great solutions
- Experience refactoring code and continuous improvement
- Experience programming defensively and writing unit/integration/functional and regression tests
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top