Software Development Engineer, Amazon Flex
- Bellevue, WA
Amazon's new platform, Amazon Flex, aims to delight customers by delivering packages faster than ever before. We are expanding our platform rapidly to new geographies and products from groceries to big-screen TVs in an increasingly complex transportation network. Since Prime Now has launched, it has quickly expanded to metros worldwide. With Amazon Flex, individuals can be their own boss while earning money for delivering ultra-fast Prime Now orders. Both Amazon Flex and the experience of Prime Now are powered by the Flex App, which is available on mobile devices. The Flex App works in concert with Amazon's advanced systems and technology. The Flex App and Platform will allow the partner to onboard, schedule times in advance, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest innovation, at flex.amazon.com. Come join the team and help us make history!
The Last Mile SPARC team is responsible for curating the relationships between delivery areas, the delivery partners operating in those areas, and the types of services they support. These relationships form the vocabulary used by all the other teams within Last Mile. With this recruiting and onboarding can determine the need for new delivery partners region-wise. Scheduling and routing can match package delivery demand in those regions to partners with the right types of delivery services. Finally the payments team can deliver the right level of compensation to meet the demand for package delivery in each region.
Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love listening to the customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering software solutions for the new transportation program. In this role, you will have an opportunity to own design and development of various services. You will have influence on system design and help build a team culture around practices that are critical to building high quality software.
Your work will be cross-functional involving partnering with other teams in Amazon, including operations, fulfillment, IT, and finance teams. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude who is ready to own a problem and passionately drive successful implementation. We want someone who is a quick learner and ready to learn and adopt the latest techniques in computer science.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one object-oriented programming language such as C++, Java, C#, Python
• Experience working in an optimization space with the ability to apply research science models in production software.
• Experience using experimentation and data to solve logistical, physical-world problems.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top